Monday, October 31, 2011

Blessing of Maternity Leave

I enjoyed my maternity leave so much and I am thankful to have shared the last 11 weeks snuggling and caring for Niley. We enjoyed getting out and she likes to go, shop and visit as much as I do! Niley and I enjoyed my last week off by doing some more traveling. We spent a few days in Natchez while Yancey was working. We did some shopping at the Kelly's Kids outlet and shops in downtown shopping. Girls are so much for to shop for. I think Yancey may be glad for me to go back to working instead of shopping :). We were also able to get together for dinner with Pop one night and some good friends of ours, Kayce, Chad and Amy and lil Wesson, another night. It was good to visit with them. We went to Aunt Presley's to watch the Saints game on Sunday with her and the guys and to have an excuse for "captain Rodney's" dip! Yum! Aunt Sandra went with us on Monday to Jackson to visit my aunt and Mary Leigh and lil' man Easton. Easton was born the week after Niley so it was fun to see the similiarities and differences in them. We enjoyed our visit with family and ML and I had fun. We certainly weren't able to get as much shopping in as we used to. By the time we fed, changed and loaded up 2 babies and all the gear that goes with them, we only had time for a quick lunch and 2 stores before it was time to fed them again! I was very sad to be back at work. Driving away Thursday morning was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do. But God was good and blessed me with a good day and Niley a good day too!


View from MS River Bridge where Yancey was working



Snuggling in the chilly weather while strolling in Natchez
Watching the game with the boys
Niley and Aunt Noel
Niley says "oh, I don't know if I like boys yet!"

No comments:

Post a Comment