Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Blessed with Workout Buddies!

Well it is Day 3 of my challenge and so far so good. You have got to start somewhere so I am at least making small steps towards my goal. On Monday I walked/jogged with Jennifer. I can not tell you how much exercising with a friend motivates me!
I went straight for the "couch to 5K" challenge because I have done this in the past and it really does work. So on Monday I had a 5 min. warm-up walk then I walked 90 seconds, jogged 60 seconds for 20 minutes, followed by a 5 min. cool-down walk. Can I just say " Oh my goodness, I am out of shape"?! During the first few jogs I thought, "oh I've got this, this isn't that bad"...well then the last jogs kicked my butt! I could have never made it without Jen's motivation!
THen on Tuesday morning I was at the fitness center and on the treadmill at 5:45 am, thanks to Mel K. Once again, I would never have done it without a friend. I am blessed to have my workout buddies!! We plan to do the early bird workout two mornings a week and I will do the "couch to 5k" challenge 3 other days of the week.
I've also tried to increase my water intake and decrease the diet cokes.

Now I just have to keep this up for...81 more days!

And to brighten my day....

And this is a pic that I took last week of how Niley has starting sleeping in her car seat.

1 comment:

  1. We ROCK the early morning workouts!! We have to and will be able to keep each other motivated!!
    And...I love seeing new pictures of Miss Niley.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete