Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Blessed with 6 months of Joy!

I can not believe that my little baby is now a 6 months old. Wow, time really does fly. I can not imagine my life without her now. I mean, what did I used to do with all of my time? (I know one thing that I used to do, walk/jog, and on that note...I've lost 1.5 lbs, but I haven't been faithful to my diet and exercise the last week. I've got to stay focused on this project!! But, oh did I mention that we partially moved this past weekend, so I did do some weight training lifts. )
Anyway, I am reminded everyday how awesome God is! He created such a amazing thing all because two people feel in love. Her little eyes, mouth, nose, arms, heart, lungs, kidneys,... and the list goes on and on... He created all of that and makes it work together in sync perfectly, it is truly a miracle. If one doesn't believe that there is a Creator and a purpose for life after the birth of a child, then I'm afraid they never will. When I slow down for a second and think of the blessing that God has given to me I truly become overwhelmed.
My heart is also so full today with joy and happiness as I have learned that a close childhood friend of mine and his wife have adopted twins! (You can see pics of their initial emotions as they completed the process on Maureen Wilson Photography facebook page.) God has a purpose for all children and He choses different ways to bless them and use them. My prayer today is thanksgiving and blessings for them in their new journey as parents.

We took Niley in for her 6 month checkup on Friday. I cried more than she did (again) at this checkup. Yancey and I were shocked that she did not even shed a tear, only a whimper, when she got her shots. Of course Yancey takes credit for her being tough like him about shots, but maybe he is right because she definitely did not get that from me! As I was waiting in the doctor's office (for 2.5 hours) I thought back of each time that we had been there and how much she has grown, changed and developed each visit. Once again, I am truly amazed at God's work. I am so thankful for the awesome father that Yancey has become and the joy that I see in his eyes when he looks at Niley makes my heart smile. And here is a picture of them in the doctor's office as we were trying to keep her (and us) entertained.

I loved the expression on her face in this picture that I took last week:

And for the baby book...
Here is her official "6 month" photo
(and yes it was taken the same day as the Valentine's picture so the outfit is the same.)

-I am 6 months old
-I weigh 14lbs 10ounces(yes, I am a petite lil girl) and 26 inches
-My favorite foods are oatmeal, sweet potatoes and pears, yum
-My favorite toy is Sophie the giraffe and I love my baby einstein play gym
-I sleep all night and I have for about 3 months (go to bed at 8pm and my mommy wakes me up at 6:45 am) I hope her and my da-da know how blessed they are!
-I love my snuggle blankets!
-I sleep on my back and use a pacifier only when I sleep and when I'm in the car.
-I can roll over like a pro and I can almost sit up by myself for more than 10 seconds.
-I can say "ma ma ma" and sometimes make other consonants, ba ba da da ga ga, and I love to sqeal!
-I put my hands straight behind my head when I get my bottle and when I sleep. Here's a pic of how I take by bottle:

No comments:

Post a Comment